A new £1m grant scheme opened earlier this week for businesses seeking to invest in creative technology, or createch projects: Culture and Creative Industries Innovation Fund…
Earlier this week a new £10m grant scheme was launched for businesses in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly (CIOS) with ‘growth ambitions’. This scheme is an allocation of the CIOS’s share of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.
Route to applications is through the Growth Hub
The route to application is through the CIOS Growth Hub. Initially contacting them to “discuss your ideas in more detail in a free business review”. They will:
- Discuss your wider business opportunities and challenges to signpost you to any other support or training you may need
- Look at resources to help you gather evidence, or benchmarking you can undertake, to show the need for the grant funding
- Decide if grant funding looks right for you, and if so, pass you to their Grant Facilitator Team to help you to develop your project and apply for funding
What do we know about the scheme?
|Grant size||£5,000 to £200,000|
|Grant intervention rate||Maximum 50%|
|Who can apply||Any trading business, sole trader, social enterprise, Community Interest Company or legally constituted organisation can apply for a grant.|
|Who can not apply||Start up businesses|
|Targeted at||Businesses in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly with growth ambitions|
|Projects sought||Those that contribute to the Good Growth Principles. And create a positive outcome for the local economic community such as:
|There are specific grants focussing on:
|Launching first||Grants focussed on increasing productivity and supporting Research, Development and Innovation (RD&I)|
|Launching later in the summer||Grants to help businesses move towards Net Zero|
If you are interested to find out more about the scheme then check out the information on the Growth Hub webpage and make contact with them. Useful links below:
- Webpage for scheme – https://www.ciosgrowthhub.com/
- CIOS website – https://www.ciosgrowthhub.com/business-grants
- CIOS contact page – https://www.ciosgrowthhub.com/tell-us-about-your-business
PKF Francis Clark
I anticipate several of our clients will be interested in the scheme and I will be working with others at PKF Francis Clark to disseminate information, starting with this post. I will also see what appetite the CIOS Growth Hub have for speaking at one of our breakfast events – watch this space.
In the interim if you wish to discuss with us any aspect of a potential project be it corporate structure or funding (match) or incentivising key staff please do not hesitate to contact me or your usual point of contact here at PKF Francis Clark.