Succession was the topic for our latest Deep Dive webinar which we hosted earlier this week. More than 150 people registered for the event, highlighting how…
Social media was red hot at the end of last week with the news that “BIG IS BACK! BIG (Business Investment Fund for Growth) Productivity is a new £3.1m grant fund to help SMEs in Cornwall become more productive and grow.”
BIG Productivity – headlines
As readers of our blog will be aware BIG Productivity (previously referred to as BIG3) was long anticipated – and will be the central feature of my next breakfast briefing on 14 January 2019 – see further below.
So from the thread of tweets posted last Friday here is what has been confirmed about BIG Productivity:
- The BIG Productivity fund can offer grants from £2,500 up to £150,000 to qualifying businesses and we can meet up to 45% of project costs for small businesses, and up to 35% for medium-sized business
- The grant funding can be used towards nearly all types of expenditure (except business as usual activities or salaries), providing it supports the company’s growth and improves productivity.
- An applicant must be able to cash flow the project before the grant can be paid.
- BIG Productivity is the third round of BIG funding in Cornwall. We aim to support 175 businesses and create 175 jobs. BIG is supported by the European Regional Development Fund as part of the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Programme and is delivered by Cornwall Development Company (“CDC”).
- Applications for funding will be invited via CDC’s website that will go live in the New Year. In the meantime you can ask for more information and register your interest now by e-mailing [email protected] and one of their team will be in touch.
My BIG breakfast – 14 January 2020
As indicated above my first breakfast briefing of the year 2020 features BIG Productivity. Last time I checked we had 16 booked to attend and given the expected level of interest following the launch we anticipate this number to rise. I will be joined by Anna Staevska from CDC and between us will be covering:
- BIG Productivity
- an overview
- what the scheme is looking to support
- differences and similarities to BIG2
- application process and timelines
- Other grant schemes and business support programmes operational in CIOS – an update
- What makes a successful grant application – 10 top tips for 2020
For details of this event and to book a place please see visit our event page.
By Andrew James