The ‘Women in Innovation Awards’ are now open for application, until midday on 3 October 2018.
The aim of this competition, run by Innovate UK, is to find women with the potential to be future leaders in innovation.
The competition is open to female entrepreneurs and is looking to back eight winners who “…get £50,000 each plus a package of mentoring, coaching and tailored business support to help them to succeed and inspire a new generation of women to innovate”. It follows an earlier women-only competition in 2016, which saw our award holders build their businesses and challenge the perception of what it means to be an innovator.
To be eligible, you must be:
- a female founder, co-founder or senior decision maker within a UK based business
- working in a business that has been operating for at least one year
- working in an area that aligns with one of the four Industrial Strategy Grand Challenges: artificial intelligence and data, ageing society, clean growth, or the future of mobility
- intending to exploit the results of the funded activities from, or in the UK
- able to receive funding under de minimis state aid regulations (page 20)
- legally and contractually able to use the funding
- available to attend an interview panel on 11 or 12 December 2018 (the exact date and time will be confirmed)
- willing to work as a role model for up to five days over the duration of the award
Applicants must be confident, with the support of an award, that they can make a significant contribution to one of the Industrial Strategy Grand Challenges:
- Artificial intelligence and data
- Ageing society
- Clean growth
- Future of mobility
Innovate UK plan to offer eight awards, two in each of the four Industrial Strategy Grand Challenge areas.
More details on the competition, including the application process can be found here.