Today (Tuesday 19 October) saw the second in our series of four tax webinars this week. Chris Rodgers, Corporate Tax Director, and Liam Dushynsky, Indirect Tax…
Yesterday my colleague James Ross hosted the first of our ‘Deep Dive’ series of webinars – designed to look in more detail at issues facing businesses and individuals today.
The subject was B-Corp and given that we had over 170 people register to attend, this was a subject of great interest to the business community.
James was joined by:
- Verity Slater (Stephens Scown)
- Thomas Bourne (Greenheart Consulting)
- Zac Goodall (Riverford Organics)
The webinar was recorded and can be accessed here. I would encourage you to have a watch and listen as among the aspects discussed were:
- Why should a business look at becoming B-Corp certified?
- The pros and cons of B-Corp
- The applicability of B-Corp to a range of sectors
- The increased awareness of B-Corp amongst the business community and the beginnings of increased awareness among the individual consumers
- An appraisal of the “alternatives” to B-Corp
- The B-Corp certification process (which is rigorous…)
- The B-Corp community
- The view of the finance sector towards B-Corps
- Gen Z…
One of the main things that struck me was the comments about the process of achieving B-Corp and the journey that this would take the business on – the participants referred to the fact that this was a journey:
- That was easy and free to start – the B Lab scoring matrix is free to access
- That involves all of the staff and management
- Empowers staff and enhances staff engagement, and association, with the business
- Will take up management time but is a good use of management time
- For which there is support available
As I have said I would strongly advise anyone interested in finding out more about B-Corps to check out the recording (45 mins) – I know a number of my colleagues and bosses here were on the webinar and I anticipate more will be checking out the recording.
Further Deep Dives
Coming up in the Deep Dive series is:
|Blockchain – Our second Deep Dive event will focus on Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) – answering questions such as: What are they? What do they do? And why did one sell earlier this year for $69m? Register here.|
|2 December||Space – be brought up to speed with developments, future plans and aspirations at Spaceport Cornwall and related business opportunities.|
Before, I sign off I am sure James would like me to thank Verity, Thomas and Zac for being such interesting and insightful participants in the webinar and Georgia in our marketing team for all the work behind the scenes in making this event happen.