- This event has passed.
Deep Dive into…R&D
July 4 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The Government has estimated that R&D tax credit fraud and error has cost in excess of £470m. To counter this HMRC has set up a 250 strong R&D compliance check team, which since the middle of 2022 has opened thousands of enquiries into SME R&D claims.
HMRC’s approach to these enquiries is contentious and seems inconsistent with the longstanding guidance laid out in HMRC’s own R&D Manuals around the way in which they will conduct an enquiry. The result is that once an enquiry is opened, there is a low chance that the enquiry will result in a positive outcome for the company.
During this webinar we will:
- Look in more detail at HMRC’s current approach to R&D enquiries
- Consider how once an enquiry is opened a company may choose to defend their submission
- Contemplate what lessons can be learnt to take into future claim preparation
- Review forthcoming changes to the R&D claim process
- Stuart Rogers – Partner and Head of Innovation
- Dave Wase – Senior Manager, Investigations and Disputes team
Who should attend?
Business Owners and finance professionals in businesses already claiming R&D tax relief or are undertaking projects that could qualify for the scheme.