Conversations over coffee: Equity
Join us on Tuesday 20th April for the first in our 2021 series of Conversations over coffee events, focusing on Equity Finance for SMEs.
The session will be hosted by PKF Francis Clark’s Corporate Finance team’s Nick Tippett and will cover the concept, sources, terminologies and potential advantages of equity finance for early stage businesses and established businesses thinking about securing equity funders.
Joining Nick on the virtual sofa will be Paul Jones from British Business Bank, Ralph Singleton from The FSE Group and Dan Partridge from Michelmores. They will also be joined by a founder, Anthony Peake who has recently raised equity to give insights from investee perspective.
Among the questions Nick will be asking of those on the virtual sofa will be:
- Are we seeing an increase in interest in equity finance from SMEs in the South/ South West?
- What is equity finance and what place does it fill in the funding jigsaw for SMEs?
- When does equity finance work and when does it not?
- What needs to happen to increase use of equity finance for SMEs in the UK – supply and demand
- Is there a regional imbalance in the use of equity finance by SMEs? If so, why?
- Sources of equity finance?
- Key tips for an SME looking to raise equity finance?