Building, Enhancing & Protecting Value in your Business
Building, enhancing and protecting value in your business
From initial idea to incorporation, growth and ultimately success, the journey you go on with your business will be shaped by the vision, aims and objectives of the founders and other stakeholders.
Whether you are considering a sale of the company in the short term or looking to grow the business for the future, being able to understand the factors that affect value are critical.
PKF Francis Clark, Clarke Willmott and HSBC are joining forces to deliver an informative workshop aimed at owners who want to understand and enhance the value of their business.
Our experienced teams of advisers will walk you through, in break-out sessions, some of the key features to provide you with practical actions to take away.
Who should attend
Suitable for business owners and management teams who wish to understand the value of their business and the steps that can be taken to enhance and protect its value.
The workshop is designed to give participants a unique opportunity to work through a case study covering:
Understanding and building value (hosted by PKF Francis Clark)
- Case Study Valuation – run through the basics of how businesses are valued (interactive case study based workshop)
- Review of an offer letter – how do buyers value businesses in practice/what other factors are relevant to the value received by shareholders
- Value drivers – exploring the factors that impact value and practical steps that can be taken
Funding growth to enhance value (hosted by HSBC)
- How funding can be used to support growth and drive business value
- Types of funding for different situations (key features/terms/security)
- Importance of being prepared/how to approach funding
Protecting value (hosted by Clarke Willmott)
- Identifying key business risks and mitigating issues
- Case study/war stories from typical transactions
- Minimising value leakage on an acquisition/disposal
The interactive sessions allow attendees to discuss issues and raise questions directly with:
- Experienced deal makers from the Corporate Finance team at PKF Francis Clark
- Skilled lawyers from the Corporate team at Clarke Willmott
- Well-informed bankers from HSBC’s regional corporate team
08.00 – Registration with breakfast rolls and refreshments
08.45 – Introduction and overview
09.00 – Workshop begins
13.00 – Lunch
13.45 – Finish
To maintain confidentiality, attendees will only be identified by their first name and will not be expected to talk about their own business or their future plans in the groups. Participants will have the opportunity to meet the advisers on a one-to-one basis over lunch to discuss privately their own business needs and opportunities if they wish.