Amanda Stansfield is founder of Granny Gothards, a manufacturer and distributor of artisan ice cream in the UK and around the world. Since being founded on…
Since the original blog was published, we have seen a number of local authorities update their websites, specifically regarding the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Business Grant. We have updated the following section of this blog accordingly.
Local Authorities and Omicron support – update as at 27 January 2022
Below we give a summary of the current statements made by local authorities in which we have offices – where we could see information on the relevant websites (just as a way of giving businesses an indication of how matters are progressing).
You can find your local council here.
|Local Authority||Omicron Hospitality and Leisure business grant||Additional Restrictions Grant Fund|
|Cornwall Council||Both open for applications.
View this page for eligibility criteria and application process.
|Plymouth City Council||Open for applications.
Applications will close at midnight on 23 February 2022. All final payments will be made by 31 March 2022. To apply, click here.
|Details will be released as soon as they’re available.|
|Bristol City Council||Open for applications.
Applications close on 14 February 2022 at noon. Payments will be processed once audit checks are complete (not likely to be before 1 February 2022. Allow four weeks from application to receiving payment). More details can be found here.
|Open for applications.
Applications close on 14 February 2022 at noon. To apply, click here.
|Torbay Council (Torquay)||All businesses eligible should receive an email by 31 January 2022. If you do not receive an email, click here for a contact form on 1 February 2022.|
|BCP Council (Poole)||Open for applications.
Will close on 14 February 2022. To apply, click here.
|“As soon as a scheme has been devised and approved, the details will be published on this page.”
See Note 2.
|Wiltshire Council (Salisbury)||Open for applications.
If you have previously received a grant from Wiltshire Council, you must still apply for this scheme. Applications close on 28 February 2022. Details and link to apply can be found here.
|The Additional Restrictions Grant is being finalised.|
|Somerset West and Taunton||Open for applications.
An email was sent on 18 January to businesses who may be entitled to a grant (based on businesses that have previously received a Covid grant from earlier schemes). If you haven’t received an email, but feel your business qualifies, you can complete a Register of Interest.
|See note 3.|
|Exeter City Council||Applications process due to open.||Allocation of funding is being considered on how best to support businesses.|
- Wiltshire Council is also planning a further payment of grant funding to support businesses in January. The grants will be paid automatically to any Wiltshire hospitality and leisure businesses that have previously benefitted from a Restart or Discretionary Restart Grant, subject to eligibility checks. Click here for details
- BCP Council have open ARG Stream 4 – Strategic Businesses Round 2 specifically for medium or large business which employs over 20 people. For other criteria and application form, click here
- Somerset West and Taunton council will soon be re-opening the Local Hospitality Support Grant from the Additional Restrictions Grant Scheme for a second round extending the qualifying criteria to business-rated businesses in the following sectors that have suffered losses to the business during the Covid pandemic from December 2021 onwards
We will endeavour to keep this page updated periodically over the next couple of weeks as the Local Authorities open up the schemes to applications.
However, we would strongly advise businesses to sign up to newsletters from their relevant Local Authorities.
The UK Government has issued Guidance for Local Authorities in respect of Omicron Hospitality and Leisure business grant.
- Funding will be made available to all Local Authorities from January 2022. The scheme will close for applications on 28 February 2022 and all final payments must be made and dispersed to recipients by 31 March 2022
- Annex A gives a list of businesses that fall into scope for hospitality, leisure and accommodation (21). Businesses will only be eligible where their main service falls within hospitality, leisure or accommodation (22)
- Businesses must have been trading on 30 December 2021 to be eligible to receive funding under this scheme (24)
- Businesses that are not within the ratings system will not be eligible to receive funding under this scheme. (39). Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum permitted subsidy allowances will not be eligible to receive funding (40)
We hope you find the above useful as a reference point for information on the grants.