Acting for 45 landed estates and administering over 800 trusts and estates across the firm, PKF Francis Clark offers a bespoke service primarily aimed at preserving family wealth and providing robust management of tax liabilities.
Experience and expertise in meeting distinctive requirements
We recognise that a landed estate is much more than ‘just’ a business, and that a balance needs to be struck between the needs of the commercial estate, the long term succession to future generations and the family’s role as custodian of the country’s heritage.
We understand that each estate is unique due to varying ownership arrangements, business activities and even the in-house accounting capability. We have considerable experience and expertise in meeting those distinctive requirements with our bespoke accounts, tax compliance and planning services.
Some of the common issues we advise our landed estate clients on include:
- Succession planning – including inheritance tax advice, trust planning and family constitutions
- Business and personal tax compliance and planning – including capital gains tax, VAT, self-assessment tax return preparation and filing, annual tax on enveloped dwellings (ATED), stamp duty land tax (SDLT) and capital allowances
- Accounts preparation and audit services
- Trusts – planning, implementation and management
- Business and family structures – including trusts and incorporation
- Provision of family office
- Family investment companies
- Heritage property regime and maintenance funds
- Diversification projects – strategy and taxation implications. We also have experts in the renewable energy sector to advise on specialist projects
- Funding – including grants advisory and financing (including debt and equity)
- Tax efficient investing – provided in conjunction PKF Francis Clark Financial Planning
Specialists in Landed Estates
Our specialist landed estates team, headed by Nick Gooch and Andrew Richards, work closely with owners, trustees and fellow professional advisers. We see our role as very much that of trusted, year round, adviser; providing a sounding board with proactive, impartial support and advice across all areas of interest to the estate and the family.
Contact one of our specialist team to discuss further how we can support you, your family and the landed estate.