Experience and expertise in meeting distinctive requirements
At PKF Francis Clark, we act for more than 45 landed estates and administer over 800 trusts and estates. We offer a bespoke service primarily aimed at preserving family wealth and providing robust management of tax liabilities.
We understand that a landed estate is much more than ‘just’ a business, and that a balance needs to be struck between the needs of the commercial estate, the long-term succession of future generations and the family’s role as custodian of a piece of the country’s heritage.
We understand that each estate is unique due to varying ownership arrangements, business activities and its in-house accounting capability. Our bespoke accounts, tax compliance and planning services give you access to considerable experience and expertise to help you meet those challenges.
Some of the common issues we advise our landed estate clients on include:
- Succession planning – including inheritance tax advice, trust planning and family constitutions
- Business and personal tax compliance and planning – including capital gains tax, VAT, self-assessment tax return preparation and filing, annual tax on enveloped dwellings (ATED), stamp duty land tax (SDLT) and capital allowances
- Accounts preparation and audit services
- Trusts – planning, implementation and management
- Business and family structures – including trusts and incorporation
- Provision of family office
- Family investment companies
- Heritage property regime and maintenance funds
- Diversification projects – strategy and taxation implications. We also have experts in the renewable energy sector to advise on specialist projects
- Funding – including grants advisory and financing (including debt and equity)
- Tax efficient investing – provided in conjunction PKF Francis Clark Financial Planning