Our specialist team who provides a wide range of services to the legal sector. We advise over 100 law firms across the UK ranging from top 100 firms to sole practitioners, so we can help you to manage your firm more effectively and profitably.
As the legal market becomes ever more competitive, crowded and aggressive, it’s vital to get the best advice and this is exactly what we provide. We deal with positives, giving advice that’s always proactive, knowledgeable and practical.
We have become leaders in our field because we provide experienced and skilled advice that reflects our involvement with the ICAEW Solicitors’ Special Interest Group, the Law Management Section of the Law Society, the Solicitors Regulatory Authority and other specialist legal groups at a national level.
Our involvement with these sector groups gives us close access to key regulators in the sector and ensures we remain at the forefront of issues affecting the legal sector from a regulatory, taxation and accounting viewpoint. It also provides us with a helpful platform to identify commercial opportunities for some of our law firm businesses.
We advise a diverse range of over 120 law firms and law firm businesses in the legal sector. These range from highly successful boutique firms to top100 firms. Geographically, our clients are spread across the whole of the country but naturally given our location a higher proportion of these are based in the south. The legal sector has changed significantly over the last 15 years following both the changes from the Legal Services Act 2007 and in the change in regulatory approach to the sector. These have presented some massive challenges, but also opportunities for the legal sector and some of our most exciting work for law firms during this time has been helping them pursue these opportunities.
Our core areas of expertise:
- SRA Accounts Rules
- Annual accounting and audit services
- Tax and risk planning on structuring LLPs/Companies
- Mergers, acquisitions and new start ventures
- Profit improvement & benchmarking
- Tax planning
- Capital funding, external finance and joint ventures
- Strategic planning
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Outcome-Focused Regulation implementation (COLPs and COFAs)
Our specialist legal services team:
- Established 25 years ago
- Advising over 120 law firms nationally. We advise the full range of UK law firms from boutique to top 100 law firms
- Some members of our team have worked within law firms before joining our team
- We have over 25 people working in our legal team across our firm on a day-to-day basis
- We have partners who are committee members of ICAEW Solicitors Special Interest Group and Law Society Law Management Section
- We are closely involved with the ILFM and provide professional material for them
- Authors of the 2021 Law Society Solicitors Accounts Manual
Our development and consultancy services
Through our joint venture with Taylor Mowbray LLP we’re pleased to be able to offer a wide range of consultancy services to the legal sector. Here are a number of areas where we can support your business:
Time Recording – helping you capture, bill and recover more of your chargeable time
Improved Cash Flow – assisting you to collect your cash quicker and reduce partner capital in the business
Time Management – supporting you and your fee earners to improve both productivity and their working lives
People Management – helping to attract, retain and motivate your key assets
Pricing & Project Management – promoting confidence in your fee earners and providing pricing choice for your clients
Profit Sharing – giving advice, ideas and independent support on remuneration and profit arrangements
Client Money Management – easing the burden of safeguarding you and your client’s money