Manufacturing & Engineering
Helping the Manufacturing & Engineering sector to thrive
The UK Manufacturing & Engineering sector is facing the most complex and challenging commercial environment here in the UK and globally. We specialise in offering clear, practical advice and specialist services to manufacturing businesses and other engineering specialist companies that assists them in remaining competitive in today’s marketplace. We work with the Manufacturing Advisory Service (MAS) who provide a free review of your business and can assist in developing an action plan tailored to your company needs.
We are Manufacturing and Engineering Sector Specialists
There are many challenges facing this sector, whether it’s from fierce competition, interest rates, currency values and the funding gap, or employment levels, skill shortages and educational training. Companies operating in such a dynamic business environment need experienced, professional advisers to help them with their unique commercial, accountancy and tax requirements.
Our specialist advisers from our tax, audit and business advisory teams produce professional support packages that are geared towards addressing some of the key issues and opportunities the sector face, such as:
- R & D tax credits
- Patent Box
- The merits of taking the manufacturing operations offshore
- Taking advantage of sales opportunities that exist in emerging and shifting international markets
- Maximising manufacturing efficiency and increased automation (lean manufacturing)
- Access to finance and capital expenditure, research and development and innovation
- Exchange rate volatility
- Bad debt risk and lack of or reduced levels of credit insurance cover
- High levels of corporation tax and a tax regime that is increasingly discouraging
- Capital expenditure and investment in research and development
- Increasing levels of red tape which makes the UK uncompetitive with offshore rivals because of the time and cost involved
- Counterfeiting of processes, products and websites by overseas competitors
- Connections to key trade groups and networking associations i.e. WEAF
- Relationships with banking specialists
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from our membership of PKF International, a global network of accountancy practices, with a presence in 150 countries. This means we can provide world-class analysis and clear solutions in Assurance, Advisory, Taxation and Business Services around the globe.
Talk to the our team
If you would like to arrange a more in-depth discussion with our team about our experience in the manufacturing & engineering sector, please contact us for more information.
Latest News Item