Doing Business in the UK
The UK remains a highly attractive destination for foreign investment* but those wishing to establish a UK based business to take advantage of its internationally competitive tax environment may need specialist advice. Our international inward investment experts can provide you with everything you need to successfully establish, manage and grow a business in the UK working with you to anticipate and overcome any challenges you may face.
Our experts will help:
- clarify the choice of entity available from which to operate your business
- simplify the tax issues arising from this choice
- source UK funding for your operations (whether grants, bank, equity or other finance)
- advise on employment taxes and social security, VAT/sales tax and property taxes and reliefs
- provide outsourced assistance for your finance function
- plan for the impact of Brexit
- we can also introduce you to a trusted network of other professional advisers and help with location searches
We will work in partnership with you to create a strategy to successfully achieve your business goals and timescales.
Why the UK?
The UK is the number one destination for inward investment in Europe and latest figures show that companies investing in the UK continue to succeed.
In addition to being one of the easiest European countries in which to set up and run a business, other benefits of locating your business in the UK include:
- tax incentives such as R&D tax credits, low corporation rates and relief for investing in innovation technology
- grants and financial incentives
- a world-class skills base
- Europe’s strongest research and development environment
- a proven long term return on investment for international businesses
- an excellent quality of life
The Department of International Trade website covers in more detail the benefits of investing in the UK.