Our Conversion Support team have helped and advised numerous schools with their conversion to academy status.
For schools considering conversion, you may wish to undertake a due diligence review to assess the pros and cons of conversion to determine whether this is a viable option for your school. This is a service that we can offer – ranging from a full, detailed review to just ad-hoc support and advice. For further information, please read our due diligence blog.
During and after conversion
For newly converted schools, we can help you set up a standalone finance function, assisting you in meeting your new regulatory responsibilities. Our services include:
- Understanding the financial reporting requirements and deadlines
- Assistance with software set up e.g. chart of accounts configuration and use of cost centres, posting opening balances
- Advice on internal control, development of Financial Procedures Manuals and compliance with the Academies Financial Handbook – including undertaking the Responsible Officer role
- Company secretarial support
- VAT registration and support
- Corporation tax support
- Review of governance and governor training