With a specialist education team experienced in advising schools through the academy conversion process, we can talk you through all aspects of the conversion process. Please contact your local office today to find out more.
Our Conversion Support team have helped and advised numerous schools with their conversion to academy status.
For schools considering conversion, you may wish to undertake a due diligence review to assess the pros and cons of conversion to determine whether this is a viable option for your school. This is a service that we can offer – ranging from a full, detailed review to just ad-hoc support and advice. For further information, please read our due diligence blog.
During and after conversion
For newly converted schools, we can help you set up a standalone finance function, assisting you in meeting your new regulatory responsibilities. Our services include:
- Understanding the financial reporting requirements and deadlines
- Assistance with software set up e.g. chart of accounts configuration and use of cost centres, posting opening balances
- Advice on internal control, development of Financial Procedures Manuals and compliance with the Academies Financial Handbook – including undertaking the Responsible Officer role
- Company secretarial support
- VAT registration and support
- Corporation tax support
- Review of governance and governor training