The burden on a business’ finance function to produce an ever expanding array of financial and other reports can place additional pressure on an already busy team particularly when deadlines are looming or there has been a significant corporate restructure, acquisition or merger. Finding and retaining staff who are up to speed on complex areas of financial reporting can be challenging and budgetary constraints sometimes mean that finance functions are under-resourced at critical times.
At PKF Francis Clark, we can support you by offering a bespoke service which not only ‘plugs any gaps’ a business is not able to fill (because of time or skill constraints) but also by providing additional narrative reporting for both compliance and business transparency.
- Preparation of the statutory financial statements under IFRS, UK GAAP etc.
- Preparation of group consolidation packs,
- Assistance with complex technical accounting matters including group reorganisations, financial instruments and business combinations
- Tax provisioning and disclosures
- Ongoing technical accounting support, advice and assistance through the year
- Advice on narrative reporting for financial statements e.g. Strategic Report and Directors’ Report for compliance with company law
- IFRS conversions and first-time adoption
- Help with compiling a year-end pack as requested by an auditor
- Liaising with auditors in order to resolve and close down financial queries
- Preparation of technical papers requested by auditors to support accounting estimates and judgements
Where we also act as auditors to the entity the nature and extent of support we are able to provide will take into account the need to preserve our audit independence.