Advice and support every step of the way
Covering a broad range of transactions, we have an experienced transactional multi-tax team who are ready to assist in whatever capacity is required.
Whether it is an acquisition, disposal, reorganisation of asset ownership such as property or IP, restructuring, refinancing or business closure, we work closely with our clients to understand their commercial drivers so we can provide high quality tax advice tailored to their needs.
Our desire is to build strong, long-standing relationships with our clients. We believe that this enables us to understand their key objectives, adapt our style to suit their preferences and deliver tax advice in a proactive and understandable manner.
Our transactional tax services include:
- Provide tax advice in respect of the deal structure, assisting with understanding and minimising the tax costs arising as a result of the transaction, balanced with the commercial objectives of the buyer
- Tax due diligence, identifying historic tax issues and working with the buyer to manage those risks to an acceptable level
- Review of tax figures and assumptions incorporated in the financial model on which the investment decisions are based
- Provide advice on the impact the transaction will have on the buyer’s tax profile and obligations post-completion
- Understanding the likely exit scenarios and working with clients to put in place a structure with a view to optimising the tax position on an exit
- Vendor due diligence / tax health-check – identifying significant tax issues and recommending solutions to resolve in readiness to go to market with a view to maximising value
- Provide tax advice throughout the period of negotiations, from agreeing Heads of Terms through to signing the final share purchase agreement. We strive to ensure full understanding of the vendor’s tax liabilities arising on sale and robustly defend our client’s position in order to maximise value
Ongoing tax support post completion, including review of tax return disclosures and tax advice in respect of re-investment opportunities
- Minimising transactional taxes, protecting existing tax attributes and ensuring compliance with tax obligations in the new structure is vital
- Helping shareholders and businesses understand the tax consequences of the restructuring of business units, including the merger/demerger of divisions, business expansion (including into new territories) and closure of operations
- Assisting with the financial restructuring of existing debt facilities, assessing the tax impact of the refinance and the ongoing tax deductibility of finance charges under the new structure
Corporate Finance Services
We work closely with our corporate finance team to provide a full service offering and innovative solutions to meet all of the challenges a transaction may bring. Projects include: sales and acquisitions, management buy-outs, fundraising, valuations, due diligence and energy & infrastructure.
Having worked with Holly since our inception in 2013, we knew that she was perfectly placed to provide tax advice on the deal.
We had an extremely tight schedule and Holly delivered her comprehensive advice and recommendations to fit in with our requirements. She worked alongside us to give clear, concise advice to all of our partners.
We are very excited to take Quantuma to the next stage with K3 and we very much look forward to working with Holly and her team going forwards.