Developing with you.
Our Property Tax team know that it is vital that property owners receive high quality advice. This is key to efficiently navigate the complexities of tax legislation.
We have a wide range of experience in the property sector.
Our breadth of service means we are able to advise on a wide variety of property tax issues, identify suitable structures and deal with compliance issues for landlords, builders and developers. We also work with all types of family businesses to ensure property assets are passed on to the next generation.
Property tax issues effect a wide range of businesses and our extensive pool of tax specialists have a broad range of skills. As a result, we are well placed to advise on capital gains tax, income tax, inheritance tax, SDLT, VAT, ATED and other taxes with illustrative examples including:
- Maximising capital allowances
- Minimising VAT for charities undertaking property transactions
- Inheritance tax planning for passing on property assets such as maximising business property relief
- Cross border property ownership
- Land pooling, collaboration agreements and entrepreneurs’ relief planning
- Transfers of property businesses
- Barn and pub conversions
- Incorporation of property portfolios
Our property tax specialists sit across all of our offices.
Each office feature specialists in SDLT and VAT. This perfectly positions them to work closely with you and help your business meet your objectives.
Our Property VAT team
We have one of the largest regional VAT teams in the UK.
Our South West bias means that property transactions are at the heart of VAT advice that is being provided on a daily basis. Our dedicated VAT team can help you plan for the VAT impact on your property transactions. As a result, your tax position is significantly improved.
We have particular expertise on:
- Option to tax planning to maximise VAT recovery
- Transfers of going concern issues for property businesses
- Structuring of complex property transactions for charities and exempt businesses.
Our VAT experts are used to dealing with SDLT and other tax issues. We work closely with our other property tax specialists where required to ensure that we can provide joined up advice. Advice that works not just from a VAT perspective but also for SDLT and direct taxes.
Stamp duty land tax (SDLT)
We have a dedicated team of SDLT specialists who can advise you with any questions that you may have. Find out more on our SDLT page.